• Website Design Services from ice Media
6 Reasons People Aren’t Interacting With You On Social Media

6 Reasons People Aren’t Interacting With You On Social Media

Have you found that you are posting plenty of status updates on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and the like, but you aren’t getting any interaction in terms of likes/comments/retweets/shares/+1 etc? It’s a common problem and one that is quite straightforward to change. It won’t happen overnight but we’ve put together some ideas that will help you get more interaction on your brand page.

1. Post At The Right Time

Now, there are no hard and fast rules for when to post to your social networks. There may be peak times in terms of traffic for your target market but it doesn’t mean that you should only post at these times. Get to know your audience and know when they look at their networks; it’ll help you plan your updates and give you some structure.

2. Every Update Is Purely Text

It seems odd, but you can get your message across via plenty of other mediums than just text. Have you considered a short video that has been uploaded to YouTube? If you are a fan of Twitter, have you tried Vine, their 6 second video network? Feeling creative? Get an infographic together to display the content you want to share! The content you want to share may be informative, but it can also be fun.

3. Don’t Just Sell, Sell, Sell

Many brand pages feel that simply promoting their product or service is enough to build a successful Social Media strategy…I’m sorry to say, that it isn’t. Of course there’s nothing wrong with promotion through your account but try to keep to the 80/20 rule: 80% of the posts being interesting content, interactions etc and the other 20% can be shameless self-promotion. No-one minds some plugging, but remember that people will use their accounts for pleasure, as well as business – especially in the retail/customer service sectors.

4. Get INSPIRED

Do you know the worst thing? Seeing a post by a brand or business that is just…well, boring. People like to be inspired and motivated to take action on your business messages, but they won’t if they don’t feel compelled to – this doesn’t just mean an inspirational or motivational image – just by being creative with your text can change a boring message to a message people will want to interact with.

5. What Do I Get Out Of This?

It’s selfish, but many people will like a brand or business page on the hope that they will be able to get something out of it. This doesn’t necessarily mean that they will get free tangible gift (though that is a great idea if you can stretch to it) but perhaps offer valuable information that they can use – they want value from you, so try and offer value.

6. Impatience

Many brand pages suffer from impatience; seeing a page with plenty of fans and followers and assuming that this happened overnight…it didn’t. It probably took months of work to build up a loyal follower base, so don’t give up after a short period of time when it will need lots of work and perseverence. If they can do it, so can you!

 

If you want to know more about increasing your business visibility on any social network, then use the Contact Page or leave us a comment below and we will get in touch about our Social Media services.

Leave a reply

content separator